You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windowserver taking 3,20GB memory when connected to dual 4K Displays + 12.9 iPad via sidecar using 14" MacBook Pro 10+16+16GB+1TB

Hi,

I have a couple of issues with my MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10CPU + 16GPU with 16GB of RAM and 1TB.

Whenever I have my dual 4K Huawei Mateview displays connected and using Sidecar with my 12th Gen iPad Pro I get around 3,20GB memory on the process Windowserver.

Additionally whenever I disconnect any of these displays my computer starts to aggressively swap around 2GB and causing yellow/red lines across the activity monitor.

Print screens attached

Please advice on how to fix this issue because as you can see I have created some 2GB swapping just by turning off one of their displays.

I am running the latest version on all software.

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 9:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 9:34 AM

If the Mac is operating as expected, the OS is properly handling the monitor and all is well. There's nothing to fix.

You can clear the swap file by restarting.

Similar questions

1 reply

Windowserver taking 3,20GB memory when connected to dual 4K Displays + 12.9 iPad via sidecar using 14" MacBook Pro 10+16+16GB+1TB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.