You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I added a movie to my Up Next list, but it won't let me play it. I'm using the Apple TV app on a Sony Bravia TV

Does anyone else have this problem?

BRAVIA4KUR2,

Posted on Oct 10, 2022 11:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2022 2:23 PM

If you added an iTunes Store movie (buy or rent) to the Up Next queue list, then it will be playable after it has been paid for.

If you added a movie from a subscription service that you are not currently subscribed to, then that will be playable after starting that subscription.

Unfortunately, the Apple TV app on Sony devices doesn’t support financial transactions at this time. After buying/​renting/​subscribing on a different supported device, you will be able watch it on your Sony TV.

2. On Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, and Sony TV devices, you can't purchase content from the Apple TV app. You can buy, rent, or subscribe on another supported device and then watch in the Apple TV app on your Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, or Sony TV device. [1]
2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 10, 2022 2:23 PM in response to Frustratedviewer1

If you added an iTunes Store movie (buy or rent) to the Up Next queue list, then it will be playable after it has been paid for.

If you added a movie from a subscription service that you are not currently subscribed to, then that will be playable after starting that subscription.

Unfortunately, the Apple TV app on Sony devices doesn’t support financial transactions at this time. After buying/​renting/​subscribing on a different supported device, you will be able watch it on your Sony TV.

2. On Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, and Sony TV devices, you can't purchase content from the Apple TV app. You can buy, rent, or subscribe on another supported device and then watch in the Apple TV app on your Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, or Sony TV device. [1]

I added a movie to my Up Next list, but it won't let me play it. I'm using the Apple TV app on a Sony Bravia TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.