You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have been hacked by a phlishing email

I recently clicked on a phlishing email which I thought was a legitimate email from Apple. The result was they got my password, went into my Apple ID/iCloud, changed my password, added a new trusted number and removed my mobile from account.

I can no longer access my Apple ID account and Apple support cannot reset my password. I don’t know what else I can do as all my personal information, work, home, photos is attached to my Apple ID.

iPhone 14

Posted on May 8, 2023 5:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 8, 2023 6:13 AM

Hi!

You should submit a request to recover your Apple ID: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support.

In the meantime, please contact Apple Support regarding this: Contact - Official Apple Support.

If you manage to regain access to your account, please report the email by forwarding it to reportphishing@apple.com

For the future, it's important to recognise fake emails like this. I suggest looking out for important signs that an email is not legitimate:

* The sender’s email or phone doesn’t match the name of the company that it claims to be from.
* The email or phone they used to contact you is different from the one that you gave that company.
* A link in a message looks right, but the URL doesn’t match the company’s website.2
* The message looks significantly different from other messages that you’ve received from the company.
* The message requests personal information, like a credit card number or account password.
* The message is unsolicited and contains an attachment.

(Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support)

Have a great day!

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 8, 2023 6:13 AM in response to quynh251

Hi!

You should submit a request to recover your Apple ID: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support.

In the meantime, please contact Apple Support regarding this: Contact - Official Apple Support.

If you manage to regain access to your account, please report the email by forwarding it to reportphishing@apple.com

For the future, it's important to recognise fake emails like this. I suggest looking out for important signs that an email is not legitimate:

* The sender’s email or phone doesn’t match the name of the company that it claims to be from.
* The email or phone they used to contact you is different from the one that you gave that company.
* A link in a message looks right, but the URL doesn’t match the company’s website.2
* The message looks significantly different from other messages that you’ve received from the company.
* The message requests personal information, like a credit card number or account password.
* The message is unsolicited and contains an attachment.

(Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support)

Have a great day!

May 8, 2023 6:13 PM in response to Seallbay

Tried everything with Apple Support, but because they have changed my password and removed my number as a “Trusted” number and added their own number in, there is nothing that I or they (Apple Support) can do for me to retrieve it.

All my personal photos, documents, ID that is in the iCloud is now accessible to the hackers.

I have been hacked by a phlishing email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.