You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting up Apple Mail accounts

I am using Bluehost as my domain registrar and WIX as my web builder / hosting site. When setting up email accounts using my non-icloud domain, do I still need to edit the MX, TXT, and CNAME records at Bluehost? When I go to edit these values a message states: The DNS records below will only apply if your nameservers are pointed to Bluehost.

My name servers are pointed to WIX.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Aug 26, 2023 9:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2023 9:54 AM

Who is going to be your email host? If you want to use iCloud as your email host, and not just an email client, you'll need to Set up an existing domain with iCloud Mail - Apple Support. You only need to add/change your MX and SPF records, not your name servers or CNAME records, which should allow you to do this changes in your Bluest domain panel. Hope this helps!

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 26, 2023 9:54 AM in response to ZimmZamm

Who is going to be your email host? If you want to use iCloud as your email host, and not just an email client, you'll need to Set up an existing domain with iCloud Mail - Apple Support. You only need to add/change your MX and SPF records, not your name servers or CNAME records, which should allow you to do this changes in your Bluest domain panel. Hope this helps!

Aug 26, 2023 10:04 AM in response to ekassos

Thank you for the prompt reply. One item to clarify: And since BlueHost is only my domain registrar, the DNS's point to WIX, it would be the WIX MX and SPF values I would edit correct? As stated prior, the BlueHost message of 'The DNS records below will only apply if your nameservers are pointed to Bluehost' was shown when I went to edit the values. But my name servers are pointed to WIX.

Setting up Apple Mail accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.