You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID

Every two days, I get an email late at night that my two factor authentication has been turned off and that my password has been reset. Usually happens in the middle of the night. After speaking to someone online on your support phone number, they told me it was impossible to turn off the two factor code without having my number but it keeps happening to me and it is not me making these changes. I have tried changing my security questions and have to change my password every few days. It has been going on for months. the email says they sign in with a windows device but I do not own a windows device nor do I have my Apple ID set up with anything other than my mobile phone. Please please help me I don’t know what to do!

Posted on Mar 27, 2020 5:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2020 5:31 PM

If you have security questions you can change, you don't have 2 Factor Authentication enabled on your account. The email appears to be a scam.  You can also add 2 Factor Authentication to your account for more security. If the attempts continue, you might want to consider a name change.

Link to contact Apple Support in the article.

Apple ID has been compromised.        

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.        

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support    I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication          

Two Factor Authentification availability.     

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords.     

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ    

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 27, 2020 5:31 PM in response to LaurenMcCrory

If you have security questions you can change, you don't have 2 Factor Authentication enabled on your account. The email appears to be a scam.  You can also add 2 Factor Authentication to your account for more security. If the attempts continue, you might want to consider a name change.

Link to contact Apple Support in the article.

Apple ID has been compromised.        

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.        

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support    I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication          

Two Factor Authentification availability.     

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords.     

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ    

Mar 27, 2020 5:36 PM in response to Eric Root

The email isn’t a scam email as it is from Apple telling me my two factor authentication code keeps getting turned off and it isn’t me doing this. Whoever is hacking me every few days somehow turns off the code and then changes my password. When I reset the password, they either hack me again seconds later doing the same or in a few days the same thing happens again?!!!

Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.