You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random password reset without 2FA

I am having an odd issue. I randomly get a notification email that my apple id password has been reset every few weeks, even though I have not reset it myself. My devices that are already signed it seem to work and do not ask me to re-enter the password.

When I try to log into a service with my known password, it does not work and I need to reset it. It asks me for the two factor authentication code, which I receive on my device and everything works fine afterwards.

When I get the email of the password change not initiated by me, there is no 2FA popping up on my devices.

What could be causing this?

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 11:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2021 10:10 AM

Sounds like those emails are possibly fake? https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204759

Similar questions

1 reply

Random password reset without 2FA

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.