You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TV Shows in both SD and HD

I would be interested in purchasing the complete series of Frasier. However, I see that some of the seasons are only offered in SD while others are in HD. Does Apple have any plans to offer all the seasons in HD? I do not wish to purchase anything in SD.

Another question: Will there ever be an option to upgrade any previously purchased SD content to HD quality? (I keep hoping that will happen for The Golden Girls)

Also, I really wish Apple would consider a buyback program. Return any bad movies for a $5 or $10 credit towards another movie/tv show. I have some sucky movies I would love to give back in exchange for a small credit.

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 5:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 10:57 PM

You will have to ask CBS/Paramount to see if they are willing to offer ‘SD seasons’ in HD for selected shows. The iTunes Store offers the content for sale as they receive from the studios.

About upgrades, see: iTunes Store - Contact Us - Official Apple Support

About buyback, the content is non-tangible, there is nothing to give back that is useful to the seller. [T&C]

You may want to opt for renting movies when you are not sure.

You could make a feedback suggestion, though. Product Feedback - Apple

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 4, 2020 10:57 PM in response to GuitarBanae

You will have to ask CBS/Paramount to see if they are willing to offer ‘SD seasons’ in HD for selected shows. The iTunes Store offers the content for sale as they receive from the studios.

About upgrades, see: iTunes Store - Contact Us - Official Apple Support

About buyback, the content is non-tangible, there is nothing to give back that is useful to the seller. [T&C]

You may want to opt for renting movies when you are not sure.

You could make a feedback suggestion, though. Product Feedback - Apple

TV Shows in both SD and HD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.