You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding Child to iCloud Storage

My child, who is part of my family sharing, is not showing up in sharing of iCloud storage, even though iCloud storage sharing is enabled. How do I fix this?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 6:26 AM

3 replies

Aug 24, 2020 6:46 AM in response to dad807

Hi dad807,

We understand that your iCloud storage plan isn't being shared as expected with your family, and we'd like to get you pointed in the right direction for a resolution. To get started, we recommend making sure everything is set up as it should be here: Share an iCloud storage plan with your family

A great way to check if it is working correctly is to follow the guidance under "Manage your family's iCloud storage". There you'll be able to see the storage everyone is using, and if your child appears on the list. We hope this article helps answer any questions you have, however, if the issue persists please share the following details:

• What does your child see when attempting to use iCloud storage?
  • Do you see your child on your Family Sharing?
  • Do all other Family Sharing features work as expected for you?

These details may help facilitate additional answers.

Take care!

Aug 24, 2020 12:21 PM in response to mario49

Thanks for the reply. When I go into family sharing in system preferences, I can see my daughter listed under those in my family. But when I click on iCloud storage, I only see myself and my spouse. My child isn't listed at all. When I look in the same spot on my child's computer, it says that she has a 5GB plan and asks if she wants to upgrade.

Aug 27, 2020 2:38 PM in response to dad807

dad807,

We appreciate you sharing additional details about what you're seeing. Moving forward, we recommend attempting the steps listed under "Share a storage plan with your existing family", as shown in the previous article, on another device. You can also find additional details about managing a child's Apple ID here: Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child

Should this issue occur on all devices you try, we believe the next best step will be to reach out here: Get Support

This page will give you options to connect with support in your region.

Best regards.

Adding Child to iCloud Storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.