You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to remove shortcut from my home screen because the shortcut was deleted

I created a short cut and added it to my home screen. I then deleted the shortcut, but the home screen icon is still there. I can't find a way to delete that icon. I get an error that says "This file does not exist, could not find the shortcut XXXXX".

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 7:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 7:16 AM

It turns out that since it was my daughter's phone, the screen time restrictions were preventing us from deleting the home page shortcut. I disabled screen time, deleted the shortcuts and then turned screen time back on. Seems like a better error message would have been helpful.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 8, 2020 7:16 AM in response to Choffbsd

It turns out that since it was my daughter's phone, the screen time restrictions were preventing us from deleting the home page shortcut. I disabled screen time, deleted the shortcuts and then turned screen time back on. Seems like a better error message would have been helpful.

Unable to remove shortcut from my home screen because the shortcut was deleted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.