You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad Pro Crashes since IOS14 loaded

iPad pro A1673 since IOS14 install crashes at approx 50% battery. Suddenly shows zero battery and shuts down. I plug it in, it reboots within a minute and again shows 50% battery or more. Sometimes I can run the battery down to 10% with no issues. Has done this numerous times ( sometimes several times a day) since IOS14 and updates loaded. Very annoying. Help!

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 1:16 PM

8 replies

Oct 24, 2020 8:38 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks for to support. Did as you suggested. Bit of an involved process. So now the crashing has stopped. However the battery drain is now amazing. It will drop from 100% to 10% in an hour of use. I've shut down many of the items suggested on various sites to no avail. The battery monitor shows google mail or alternately the Apple mail client using the vast majority of power. Hope Apple get this fixed soon. Running IOS14.1 btw.

Oct 24, 2020 8:54 AM in response to Ccmano

When you install the new iOS on a device, or iPadOS as you are using an iPad, it will take 24-48 hours for files and other process to complete the re-index. It should straighten up after that. I've got an iPad Pro 11 and have not experienced any battery issues. Generally battery complaints are not linked to the iOS, it is individual devices that may need some corrective action.

Oct 24, 2020 4:03 PM in response to Ccmano

So... less than 24hrs later. I'm on the iPad for about 45min. Monitoring the battery which is quickly declining. Battery about 55%. I set the iPad down for a moment. I pick it up and it's dead. I attach the power cord and in a second it shows the dead battery icon and power cord icon. A second later it restarts and shows 11% battery and charging. Definitely not normal and definitely didn't do this before the iPadOS 14 install. Thoughts....

H

IPad Pro Crashes since IOS14 loaded

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.