You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar Doesn't Find Recent Events

Running Big Sur 11.0.1. Calendar can't find "recent" events even though they're on my iCloud Calendar. For instance, my latest haircut appointment was September 17, 2014—even though I've had many since. Calendar can't find any "Chancel Choir" meetings even though there are many.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 9:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 1:43 PM

Thank you for your suggestions which I performed but to no avail. I have events on my iCloud webpage calendar and on my iPhone Xr that do not appear on my 2019 27" iMac running Big Sur. For instance, if I search "haircut" the latest entry is September 17, 2014 although I've had many since, and have one scheduled for Jan 19, 2021; these show up on my iPhone and iCloud webpage but not my iMac. Likewise a search for "chancel" for choir rehearsals are found on my iPhone and iCloud webpage but not on my iMac.

Frustrating….

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 26, 2020 1:43 PM in response to mingoslkd

Thank you for your suggestions which I performed but to no avail. I have events on my iCloud webpage calendar and on my iPhone Xr that do not appear on my 2019 27" iMac running Big Sur. For instance, if I search "haircut" the latest entry is September 17, 2014 although I've had many since, and have one scheduled for Jan 19, 2021; these show up on my iPhone and iCloud webpage but not my iMac. Likewise a search for "chancel" for choir rehearsals are found on my iPhone and iCloud webpage but not on my iMac.

Frustrating….

Nov 26, 2020 1:03 PM in response to Will Mardis

Hi Will,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We rely on the Calendar app quite a bit ourselves, and understand the importance in being able to go back and reference those past events. If the events appear in the calendar on the iCloud website, let's use the steps below to make sure Calendar is enabled in System Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud > Calendar, and then re-sync the Calendar events.

If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync

Let us know what you find!

Nov 26, 2020 10:20 PM in response to Will Mardis

I probably was not clear in my above description. The events do appear on my iMac calendar. But they are not "found" when I do a search on my iMac but they do when I do the same search on my iPhone. For instance, as stated above, my January 19, 2021 haircut appointment appears on my calendar but is not "found" when searching for "haircut" on my iMac. Likewise, no haircut appointments are "found" after 9/17/2014 (though many appear on the calendar and when searched on my iPhone). These events also show on my iCloud website calendar, and can be "found" albeit one month at a time.

Calendar Doesn't Find Recent Events

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.