You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

stop sync app download between ipad and iphone

I've been searching for how to stop sync app download, but in ios14 I can't find the App store in setting - my name place, which is needed to find auto download.

Of course, there is App store setting in different place, but although I turned off the auto download, the app sync is still working.

How can I stop this sync?

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 7:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 9:30 PM

Try the below. If it doesn't match what you see on your phone,

In the Settings app, don't click on the block with your name. Scroll down through the blocks of settings separated by small gaps. The first block below your name starts with Airplane Mode, the second with Notifications, the third with General, and the fourth with App Store. (There are several more blocks, but you are looking for App Store.)

When you click on App Store in the fourth block, the first block is labeled AUTOMATIC DOWNLOADS. The first slider, "Apps", is the one you want to disable.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 18, 2020 9:30 PM in response to hangyul

Try the below. If it doesn't match what you see on your phone,

In the Settings app, don't click on the block with your name. Scroll down through the blocks of settings separated by small gaps. The first block below your name starts with Airplane Mode, the second with Notifications, the third with General, and the fourth with App Store. (There are several more blocks, but you are looking for App Store.)

When you click on App Store in the fourth block, the first block is labeled AUTOMATIC DOWNLOADS. The first slider, "Apps", is the one you want to disable.

Nov 18, 2020 8:28 PM in response to hangyul

So, say it’s a game and when you go up a level on one device, you open the game on your other device and that game is in the same level as the game you just played? And you want to play the two games separately from each other? (Or something like that, just using a game app as an example)

Have you looked in the settings of the app in question to see if it has its own account to sync progress with?

stop sync app download between ipad and iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.