You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I turn off QuickTake?

I’m very happy with my new phone, the video quality is amazing! But I don’t like the QuickTake feature. Apparently I don’t push the button fast enough and I keep taking 1s videos instead of a regular picture. Thank you!

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 12:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 10:35 AM

additionally,

If you do a QuickTake, you can view the QuickTake then you can slide the thing at the bottom of the image to select the best image.

and then you select that QuickTake icon a the top of the image to 'set' that best image that you selected and use that one as the only image from the QuickTake.

this basically turns off the video effect you are looking to turn off so you can just see a single still image.

QuickTake does like a rapid fire set of images so you can go back later and select the "best" moment in time.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 21, 2020 10:35 AM in response to carovk

additionally,

If you do a QuickTake, you can view the QuickTake then you can slide the thing at the bottom of the image to select the best image.

and then you select that QuickTake icon a the top of the image to 'set' that best image that you selected and use that one as the only image from the QuickTake.

this basically turns off the video effect you are looking to turn off so you can just see a single still image.

QuickTake does like a rapid fire set of images so you can go back later and select the "best" moment in time.

Dec 18, 2020 12:44 PM in response to carovk

From what I can find, the feature is still very new. I expect others may have this issue.

Until an update fixes this for you, I suggest taking the time to do a little practice with your camera.

-Practice triggering the shutter release quickly for a snapshot.

-also practice holding down the shutter for a video.

-additionally, practice holding the shutter to do a QuickTake. and then slide your finger and the red circle turns to a square so you get to remove your finger and keep shooting video. That's cool but it's the opposite of what you are asking for in you question.

-and also additionally, practice doing a QuickTake and pressing volume and you will shoot a picture while shooting video! That is a bit closer to your issue.

and finally practice deleting all these files you make when you practice using your camera. It may be useful to sync it all to iCloud and then use a bigger machine to do all the deleting. That way you can simply shoot away to your hearts content and not worry about filling up your phone. Just take the time to clean it up later.

Can I turn off QuickTake?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.