You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot drag and drop a photo in photos from one location to another

I cannot drag and drop a photo in photo to change it location in the all photo

MacBook Pro 17″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 8:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 9:36 AM

That's as it is. The Photos/All Photos is only sorted by Capture Date, oldest first. To do what you want create a smart album with this criteria:

Then select all of the photos in the library and create a "regular" album with them. Then you'll be able to sort them any way you want. This screenshot shows how the various views can be sorted:

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 29, 2020 9:36 AM in response to Honeybee5117

That's as it is. The Photos/All Photos is only sorted by Capture Date, oldest first. To do what you want create a smart album with this criteria:

Then select all of the photos in the library and create a "regular" album with them. Then you'll be able to sort them any way you want. This screenshot shows how the various views can be sorted:

I cannot drag and drop a photo in photos from one location to another

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.