You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Broken remote

My Apple TV remote doesn’t work and I have always used the remote app on my IPhone. But I can’t do that anymore because we have change our wi-fi so I have a diffrent wi-fi om my phone now. The problem is that i can’t connect the TV to the new wi-fi because my remote doesn’t work... Is there a way to make it work or is it garbage?

Apple TV

Posted on Jan 4, 2021 9:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2021 11:36 AM

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

What is your model remote? Identify your Apple TV remote - Apple Support

You can try to re-link or re-pair your Apple TV remote (If your Apple TV remote isn’t working - Apple Support)

or purchase a replacement remote, if the above doesn’t work.

Possibly you can continue configuring the use of the software remote on your phone, by using a temporarily borrowed remote.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 4, 2021 11:36 AM in response to engst

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

What is your model remote? Identify your Apple TV remote - Apple Support

You can try to re-link or re-pair your Apple TV remote (If your Apple TV remote isn’t working - Apple Support)

or purchase a replacement remote, if the above doesn’t work.

Possibly you can continue configuring the use of the software remote on your phone, by using a temporarily borrowed remote.

Broken remote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.