You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Marks/stains on MacBook Screen

How do I get rid of these marks on my screen?

This is how it happened.

I sprayed some monitor cleaning spray on the screen and began to wipe it, and then these marks showed up, and have never disappeared since.

The same spray was being used to clean iMac monitors. I’ve began to wonder if it was a sign of a low quality screen because it was a replacement screen that a company put on it, but I was aware that it was a real apple screen replacement.

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 2:21 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Feb 16, 2021 8:25 PM in response to lionel_singer

Many of the 2013 to 2015 Apple laptops (plus some 2016 models) had a defective anti-reflective coating on the display. Using anything but water or an LCD screen cleaner will remove portions of this defective coating. Even just the rubbing of your hand on the glass to open & close the lid is enough to cause the coating to come off. Apple has a "secret" free repair program, but the laptop must be less than four years old:

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/11/17/apple-extends-free-staingate-repairs/

Marks/stains on MacBook Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.