You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Linked accounts

My daughter has an iPhone which is linked to my account. We have just put her sim into a new iPhone and when we have gone through start up, it has set up as a replica of my phone- messages, phone contacts, apps etc. How do we rectify this? I know it will have something to do with Apple ID etc- however both phones were previously on same Apple ID as she is only a child. How do I get back to her phone settings on her phone so she is not receiving my messages etc and vice versa? Thank you.

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 12:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 1:17 PM

The answer is in your fist sentence. Both of you are using the same Apple ID (yours) and therefore both iPhones are set up the same. Your daughter's iPhone was restored from your iCloud backup which is linked to your Apple ID. You will need to restore her iPhone to NEW and then sign and set her up with her own Apple ID. You can then look into ➔ Family Sharing and ➔ Screen Time Restrictions if you want.

To restore her iPhone to NEW open Settings ➔ General ➔ Reset ➔ Erase all Content & Settings

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 17, 2021 1:17 PM in response to Rallan78

The answer is in your fist sentence. Both of you are using the same Apple ID (yours) and therefore both iPhones are set up the same. Your daughter's iPhone was restored from your iCloud backup which is linked to your Apple ID. You will need to restore her iPhone to NEW and then sign and set her up with her own Apple ID. You can then look into ➔ Family Sharing and ➔ Screen Time Restrictions if you want.

To restore her iPhone to NEW open Settings ➔ General ➔ Reset ➔ Erase all Content & Settings

Axel F.

Linked accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.