You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brother MFC-7860DW

Hello,

I have an old Brother MFC-7860DW printer/scanner. I recently purchased a MacBook Air with macOS Big Sur 11.2.3 operating system. I'm having trouble getting this device onto my MacBook so I can use the scanning function. Since the printer is so old, I'm wondering if it is not available for this device.

I looked on the Brother website and the latest version of macOS is version 10.15. I'm wondering if I have to scrap the printer because it will no longer work with my new computer.

Help please!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 2:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 3:20 PM

The following may help: 'You do not have permission to open the application' when using a scanner on Mac - Apple Support

I also use Brother iPrint & Scan app with my Brother scanner. It works well and I prefer it to Image Capture. You can download it from the App Store on your Mac's Apple menu.

1 reply

Brother MFC-7860DW

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.