You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saving PDF files to OneDrive

After IOS15 update I can no longer save files to OneDrive. The error message ‚could not communicate with a helper‘ appears BUT doesn‘t say which ‚helper‘ app.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 12:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 5:43 AM

I have the same issue.

Tried rerunning OneDrive - does not help

Tried signing out and signing back in to OneDrive - does not help

Tried turning iPad off and on again - does not help

Tried deleting and reinstalling OneDrive - does not help

Did a full erase of my iPad and manually reinstalled only the OneDrive App (in case another app was creating the Helper App conflict) - does not work

If someone has a solution to this problem please let me know. It affects both iPad and iPhone.

I think Apple messed something up in IOS15

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 2, 2021 5:43 AM in response to LotusPilot

I have the same issue.

Tried rerunning OneDrive - does not help

Tried signing out and signing back in to OneDrive - does not help

Tried turning iPad off and on again - does not help

Tried deleting and reinstalling OneDrive - does not help

Did a full erase of my iPad and manually reinstalled only the OneDrive App (in case another app was creating the Helper App conflict) - does not work

If someone has a solution to this problem please let me know. It affects both iPad and iPhone.

I think Apple messed something up in IOS15

Oct 2, 2021 9:37 AM in response to LotusPilot

Unfortunately this didn’t work for me.

The issue is not that I can’t access files stored in OneDrive (which I can). The issue is that when I try to save a file to OneDrive it says “The Operation Can’t Be Completed. Couldn’t communicate with a helper application”.

This is the case whether I

• open an email attachment and try “Save to Files”
  • try and do a “copy” or “move” of a file within the Files application - e.g. move a file from iCloud to OneDrive

However, if I open something in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint or Excel, then I can save the file to OneDrive.

Oct 2, 2021 5:57 AM in response to hamish079

Useful information. However, I have the OneDrive App installed - and can access files stored in OneDrive using both the OneDrive App and native Files App without issue.

As a further suggestion, try removing OneDrive from the Files App. From the Files sidebar, tap the ellipsis icon (the three dots “…” at top-right of the sidebar) to trigger the associated Action Menu; select Edit Sidebar. Next, disable Onedrive - then tap Done.

Force-restart your iPad - then re-enable the OneDrive integration in the Sidebar.

Saving PDF files to OneDrive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.