You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cancelled Order that was done using Visa Debit Card... but bank confirmed that card was charged.

I have ordered an iPhone 13 but decided to cancel it which I used my Visa Debit Card. There comes the problem, my order was still processing when I cancelled the order but my Debit Card has already been charged. I once confirmed the charge by looking at "available balance" & "current balance" and they were the same. Called the bank to confirm on what I saw and they said that it was charged too and was NOT a

"Pre-Authorized" transaction..

I called to Apple to obtain my ARN number but they only had the 6 digit authorization code. What can I do? Is it possible for Apple to reverse a transaction to Debit Card that was already "charged"?

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 4:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 7:50 AM

If your order was cancelled before it was shipped Apple will probably refund any payments automatically. However, they may need to pull the phone allocated for your order and confirm it did not ship, and it may then take a day or two to pass through the cancel/approval/refund process and appear on your account. Considering it is Friday, check near close of business wherever you live, and if it has not been credited back check again on Monday Morning before you call Apple using the contact info on your original order confirmation.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 22, 2021 7:50 AM in response to Rhamnetin

If your order was cancelled before it was shipped Apple will probably refund any payments automatically. However, they may need to pull the phone allocated for your order and confirm it did not ship, and it may then take a day or two to pass through the cancel/approval/refund process and appear on your account. Considering it is Friday, check near close of business wherever you live, and if it has not been credited back check again on Monday Morning before you call Apple using the contact info on your original order confirmation.

Oct 22, 2021 7:57 AM in response to Branta_uk

I actually cancelled on 18 Oct, Apple has sent me an automated saying I have not been billed. But somehow my bank said that I was charged, which is also reflected in my Current & Available Balance. I called up Apple and they confirmed I have not been charged and it’s only an authorization hold… however I highly doubt that as my bank recommended me to open an dispute with proof of cancellation if Apple claimed that it is only a Pre Auth.

Cancelled Order that was done using Visa Debit Card... but bank confirmed that card was charged.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.