You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Erasing phone

I am trying to return my old iphone and when i input my password for my apple id to turn off the Find My and Activation Lock function it just freezes and wont let me continue to erasing process - any ideas?

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 9:38 AM

1 reply

Dec 2, 2021 11:10 AM in response to dorin3240

Hello dorin3240,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. From your post we can see you've been using What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, and you've been unable to turn off Find My. It's not responding when you try the process.

This is a good article to be using. If you're unable to sign out of iCloud and the iTunes & App Store, let's try a different method. Go to the section "If you no longer have your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch" and follow the instructions to sign in using iCloud.com/find on a computer. If you have another iOS device, you can use the Find My app. You can sign in and erase your old iPhone using either one of these. Once finished you can continue on with step 4 of the "Remove your personal information from your old device" section so you'd be able to remove everything. Don't forget to remove your old iPhone from your trusted devices!

Kind regards.

Erasing phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.