You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch - family sharing apps

Hiya, my mom set up the wpple watch series 7 for me on her iphone as i only have a Samsung and not an iphone. Everytime i want to download an app on the watch for example, blood oxygen app.. it says its purchased and requires an iphone as it says below.

how would i be able to get apps on the watch that requires the iphone, i have tried on the iphone but it doesn't give an option for me to download apps and add to the watch.

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 8

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 3:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 3:46 AM

The following features and apps are not available on a family shared watch: Health data sharing, respiratory rate, irregular heart rhythm notifications, ECG, Cycle Tracking, Sleep, Blood Oxygen, Podcasts, Remote, News, Home and Shortcuts.   

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 28, 2021 3:46 AM in response to Sabah270

The following features and apps are not available on a family shared watch: Health data sharing, respiratory rate, irregular heart rhythm notifications, ECG, Cycle Tracking, Sleep, Blood Oxygen, Podcasts, Remote, News, Home and Shortcuts.   

Apple watch - family sharing apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.