You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple expands tools to help businesses connect with customers. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sidecar

I want to be able to use Sidecar to permit handsfree use of my iPad pro mirroring to my MacBook which is in turn is connected to a projector's VGA input so the students can see what I'm doing on my iPad..

Is this possible?

I can get sidecar to work between my laptop and iPad, but not when I connect it to the projector for my students to see and allow myself the ability to walk around the classroom with my iPad to write onto the screen.

Thanks in advance for any help with this!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 6:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 6:59 AM

Sidecar is an extension of you macOS screen. It's essentially an external monitor. It doesn't work for what you're wanting. You can AirPlay to certain macOS devices, or you could connect an Apple TV to use as an AirPlay destination to accomplish what you are asking.

Similar questions

2 replies

Sidecar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.