You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sidecar on iPad

Hi all,

Yesterday I bought an iPad 10th Generation for it to pair to my Macbook Pro (Ventura 13.4). My intent is to draw on the iPad using my Apple Pen and for this to be mirrored on the Mac monitor. For some reason the iPad does not seem to have Sidecar. As far as I can see the 10th generation (2022) iPad should support it. It's on version 16.5.

If I go into Control Centre on the iPad I see Screen Recording but not Screen Mirroring. Am I missing something?

Also any nice apps which allow me to write on the iPad for it to be mirrored onto the Mac? Using Duet but it's not as nice as I was hoping i.e. can't even write a 'dot "."

Thanks

Posted on Jun 15, 2023 4:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2023 5:45 AM

If you already tried (to no avail) all the steps provided in this support article:--> Use an iPad as a second display for a Mac , I suggest that you contact Apple Support directly, using this link:--> Contact Apple for support and service

Regards

Giulio

Similar questions

2 replies

Jul 15, 2023 1:39 PM in response to ProustGiulio

Thank you both (for the question and the answer)

@ProustGiulio I tried to do what is on the article you shared, also tried to contact Apple Support (unfortunately since start of July they never connect me with Support advisors), but dont know what to do more, can you please have a look at my issue, maybe you will have more ideas:

Sidecar issues 2023 - Apple Community

Sidecar on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.