You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I deleted my mail app from my phone and reloaded it. Now it won’t let me add my outlook email account back in. This happened after I updated my phone to iOS 12

After updating to iOS 12 my mail app no longer worked properly. I had one outlook email account attached to it. I deleted the account and tried to add it back in but it wouldn’t allow it. I then deleted the mail app and reloaded it. I still get the same message when I try to add the outlook email account back in. It tells me it cannot verify the outlook account. I don’t understand what happened. I can still access my email account on the web however.

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 7:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 2:24 PM

Jpiak wrote:

In settings when I tap add account it gives you a list. I select Outlook and a screen pops up and then instantly disappears. This does not happen if I select google or another email template. I also get a dialog box stating that the account can not be verified.

Look up the Outlook mail server settings. Select Add Account. Select “Other”. Add the account manually. See if that works.

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 14, 2022 2:24 PM in response to Jpiak

Jpiak wrote:

In settings when I tap add account it gives you a list. I select Outlook and a screen pops up and then instantly disappears. This does not happen if I select google or another email template. I also get a dialog box stating that the account can not be verified.

Look up the Outlook mail server settings. Select Add Account. Select “Other”. Add the account manually. See if that works.

Jan 14, 2022 2:59 PM in response to Jpiak

Jpiak wrote:

I will try this and let you know. Isn’t it less secure this way??

No. The setup templates are a convenience intended to save a user from having to look up and enter the settings.

Any competent mail provider requires secure connections, which means it’s not feasible to even make an insecure connection.

Best use IMAP in preference to POP, as POP has undesirable behavior when there are multiple clients accessing the same mail account.

iOS 12 is getting pretty dusty, but whether that’s contributing to connectivity issues here is unclear.

I’ll assume no add-on VPN apps and no add-on “security” apps are involved here. Those can cause access issues.

I deleted my mail app from my phone and reloaded it. Now it won’t let me add my outlook email account back in. This happened after I updated my phone to iOS 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.