You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS Tracking and Privacy

Requesting an update to Tracking and Privacy to include across devices.

Even if you set "Allow Apps To Request To Track" to "OFF" both global and for the application Instagram is clearly accessing data from other connected devices (ie. MacBook Pro).

Websites / companies I've never visited on my iPhone immediately show up as advertising within IG if I have visited them on my MacBook.

How is it not a security concern that IG or any other IOS application has access to data from your MacBook or other ancillary device without your consent?

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 8:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 9:28 AM

You can leave feedback here - Apple does not participate here.

www.apple.com/feedback

Have you turned off iCloud and syncing? That is done with your consent. I don't use either and nothing is tracked or transferred.

5 replies

Feb 3, 2022 2:57 PM in response to JDowns071

... without your consent?

You granted that consent.

Instagram is owned by Facebook (Meta), and you permitted that behavior to occur by agreeing to their Terms of Service. The fact they ignore Apple's "request not to track" preferences has been known for years.

This is not an Apple problem. Contact Facebook for support with their products, or delete their products from your Macs.

Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

IOS Tracking and Privacy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.