You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GMail app

I just set up a new iPad from my iphone. Everything works okay except Gmail app. When I click on the widget it takes me to a screen that says Sign In. The touch is almost unresponsive but finally goes to the next screen, which instead of being a sign-in screen is a screen to add accounts. This screen is largely unresponsive as well. When I can finally proceed I type in my email address and it says that address already exists. But I can find no way to access my email. How do I fix this and why is the screen so unresponsive only in this app?

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Mar 4, 2022 1:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2022 2:07 PM

Hi,

It sounds like you need to contact the App Developer directly in order to resolve this issue, if the app and device itself are up to date.

In the meantime, an alternative resolution would be to add your gmail account to your Mail app within Settings > Mail > Accounts, and then add the Mail widget to your Home Screen.

Hope this helps.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 4, 2022 2:07 PM in response to madkatling

Hi,

It sounds like you need to contact the App Developer directly in order to resolve this issue, if the app and device itself are up to date.

In the meantime, an alternative resolution would be to add your gmail account to your Mail app within Settings > Mail > Accounts, and then add the Mail widget to your Home Screen.

Hope this helps.

GMail app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.