You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Pages to draft an email to send using MAIL on my MAC

I wrote a long email draft in PAGES and then copied it and pasted it as the content of an Email on MAIL. Well that didn't work well as there is no formatting such as margins and I can't edit the email content. Is this just not possible? Is there a better way to write an email that you can edit as well as a word processor document? I've been spending too much time trying to find the answer in HELP files and User Guides, maybe because I am not phrasing my question well.

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 12.3

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 6:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 7:08 PM

Correct, your formatting will disappear. And, any such formatting would be dependent on the other email browser for display (so it will likely not look quite the same). You can create rich text email, which may help. Or, you can compose html emails (How to SEND HTML formatted mail?? - Apple Community

2 replies

Jun 3, 2022 10:10 PM in response to donaldfromoak hill

As Muguy has mentioned, Page formatting (margins, etc) is not a supported feature in Mail.

Formatting (type size, font, bold, italic ) will be preserved in copies opened using Mail, but may not be kept when opening in a different email client.

You can preserve more of the formatting by composing the message in a word processor document, then 'printing' that document to a .pdf file and sending your message as an attachment containing that file.

Regards,

Barry

Using Pages to draft an email to send using MAIL on my MAC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.