You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Position of Mail Trash Can

I am a new MacBook Pro user and am adjusting to the differences between the MacBook's Mail program and my old PC's Outlook app. Outlook had a trashcan next to each message (on the right side of the message preview screen) so it was very easy to delete each message. In Mail on the MacBook the Trash Can is located in the Tool Bar at the top of the app. So to delete a message I am constantly having to move my cursor up and down. Is there a way to add a Trash Can icon to each message? Thank you.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 8:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 8:57 AM

NewToMac349 wrote:

I am a new MacBook Pro user and am adjusting to the differences between the MacBook's Mail program and my old PC's Outlook app. Outlook had a trashcan next to each message (on the right side of the message preview screen) so it was very easy to delete each message. In Mail on the MacBook the Trash Can is located in the Tool Bar at the top of the app. So to delete a message I am constantly having to move my cursor up and down. Is there a way to add a Trash Can icon to each message? Thank you.

You can swipe left to delete each message ... no click required

Mail User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 8, 2022 8:57 AM in response to NewToMac349

NewToMac349 wrote:

You can swipe left to delete each message ... no click required

Mail User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Jun 10, 2022 6:31 AM in response to NewToMac349

Am from windows too ... on your issue, if you don't want to constantly go to the toolbar to delete mail ... option open is to use the delete key (X) on the keyboard or re-customize the touch bar if your machine has one, note you can re-customize toolbar Icon positions to fit your need better too. Saw a response here about swiping left don't see how that works on a trackpad (I tried) maybe with a touch screen though (I don't know)

Position of Mail Trash Can

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.