You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my two factor authentication needs to go to an android. how I get that

trying to sign in to icloud to find my ipod. the 2 factor authentication didn't go to my phone.

iPod, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 1, 2022 5:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2022 6:47 PM

First, you do not need two-factor authentication code to find an iPad. Use any internet browser and log into www.icloud.com/find and no two-factor code is needed. Note the "/find" in that address. Also see: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Second, for a code to be sent to an Android it will need to be set up as a trusted phone number. See instructions in Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

You will need a two-factor code to be able to add the Android to your trusted phone numbers. If you don't have access to a trusted device or phone number to get that code, see the "What if I can't access a trusted device or didn't receive a verification code?" and "If I can't sign in, how do I regain access to my account?" sections of Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 1, 2022 6:47 PM in response to alldayfrustrated

First, you do not need two-factor authentication code to find an iPad. Use any internet browser and log into www.icloud.com/find and no two-factor code is needed. Note the "/find" in that address. Also see: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Second, for a code to be sent to an Android it will need to be set up as a trusted phone number. See instructions in Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

You will need a two-factor code to be able to add the Android to your trusted phone numbers. If you don't have access to a trusted device or phone number to get that code, see the "What if I can't access a trusted device or didn't receive a verification code?" and "If I can't sign in, how do I regain access to my account?" sections of Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

my two factor authentication needs to go to an android. how I get that

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.