You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

text on my browsing screen keeps enlarging by itself or smaller

The text on my iMac screen windows will sometimes get larger or smaller or become split windows without me doing anything except using the mouse.

And no I'm not touching any buttons on the mouse.

it has happened with 2 different mice (mouses)

Thanks for any help you can provide

P

iMac 21.5″, 10.15

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 9:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 1:55 PM

it sounds to me that you've "discovered" smart zoom. when active, if you lightly double tap your mouse (not double click) the window will zoom in or out. and it's very sensitive, so it can seem as if you are not causing it to happen.

you can go into System Preferences > Mouse in the point and click tab and remove the checkmark from "Smart zoom" and the unexpected zooming will stop.

but if that is the cause, you may want to get used to how it works. since I've started using it, I don't know how I lived without it. :)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 14, 2022 1:55 PM in response to pharmonic

it sounds to me that you've "discovered" smart zoom. when active, if you lightly double tap your mouse (not double click) the window will zoom in or out. and it's very sensitive, so it can seem as if you are not causing it to happen.

you can go into System Preferences > Mouse in the point and click tab and remove the checkmark from "Smart zoom" and the unexpected zooming will stop.

but if that is the cause, you may want to get used to how it works. since I've started using it, I don't know how I lived without it. :)

text on my browsing screen keeps enlarging by itself or smaller

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.