You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

citrix for epic not working with ventura

Hi All- I am a physician and use citrix to login to Epic on a daily basis. I just upgraded my OS to Ventura and now I cannot get into Epic. The citrix workspace loads properly and then the epic window comes up but it only shows the epic banner at the top but no where to enter login/password credentials. It then has a blue circle that rotates (like the rainbow pinwheel of death) and then it shows the program as not responding. My local IT people are unable to fix this and think it relates to Ventura. Anyone else having this problem? Thanks

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 9:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 10:42 AM

I could not find anywhere on the citrix website any indication it was compatible with Ventura. You should contact Citri Customer Support and find out if it is.

In the meantime you can try the following: boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE 1: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

NOTE 2: if you have a wireless keyboard with rechargeable batteries connect it with its charging cable before booting into Safe Mode. This makes it act as a wired keyboard as will insure a successful boot into Safe Mode.

May I offer a suggestion for future upgrades and updates: get an external SSD and clone your boot drive to it with Carbon Copy Cloner . Use CCC to keep the clone up to dat on a weekly basis. When the next system update appears boot into the clone and update and test your important apps. If all goers well you can boot back into your internal drive and uipdate it.

An excellent source for external SSDs is OWC (MacSales.com). Give their customer support a call to find out what they recommend for your particular Mac, workflow and budget. I'm just a very satisfied customer using a variety of their products.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 3, 2022 10:42 AM in response to einstein_faculty

I could not find anywhere on the citrix website any indication it was compatible with Ventura. You should contact Citri Customer Support and find out if it is.

In the meantime you can try the following: boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE 1: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

NOTE 2: if you have a wireless keyboard with rechargeable batteries connect it with its charging cable before booting into Safe Mode. This makes it act as a wired keyboard as will insure a successful boot into Safe Mode.

May I offer a suggestion for future upgrades and updates: get an external SSD and clone your boot drive to it with Carbon Copy Cloner . Use CCC to keep the clone up to dat on a weekly basis. When the next system update appears boot into the clone and update and test your important apps. If all goers well you can boot back into your internal drive and uipdate it.

An excellent source for external SSDs is OWC (MacSales.com). Give their customer support a call to find out what they recommend for your particular Mac, workflow and budget. I'm just a very satisfied customer using a variety of their products.

Nov 3, 2022 4:44 PM in response to einstein_faculty

What that means is that you may have some other 3rd party software that's interfering with Citrix. Safe Mode just repairs the disk if needed and stops all 3r party apps from loading automatically.

Download and run Etrecheck.  Copy and paste the results into your reply. Etrecheck is a diagnostic tool that was developed by one of the most respected users here in the ASC and recommended by Apple Support  to provide a snapshot of the system and help identify the more obvious culprits that can adversely affect a Mac's performance.

Copy the report

and use the Additional Text button to paste the report in your reply.

Then we can evaluate the report to see if we can determine the cause of the problem.

citrix for epic not working with ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.