You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the apple tv box considered a device and would be it shown under signed in devices for apple id?

I recently got an apple tv keyboard notification, however, I don't use or own apple tv nor is any on my wifi. I looked it up and apparently, other people have also gotten this problem. It is most probably a bug or what not, but just in case, I checked my signed in devices, and only my devices are signed in. If there was an apple tv box that signed in with my apple id, would it be shown under my signed in devices or is it not considered a device and therefore would not be shown under my signed in devices. Thanks in advance.

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 3:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 6:14 PM

Could you clarify what you mean by "I don’t think any nearby devices count for this."

I was quite confident that the iPhone keyboard for Apple TV required same Apple ID account for iCloud. Other devices, like an Apple TV of e.g. your neighbors with a different account, shouldn’t be able to communicate this way. I can’t think of a good explanation of what happened in your situation.

Anyways, I turned off notifications so it doesn't happen again

For other readers: If you have no Apple TV box: Turn off the Apple TV keyboard on iOS or iPadOS - Apple Support

Thanks again for your response!

You’re welcome.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 12, 2022 6:14 PM in response to just_some_guy_

Could you clarify what you mean by "I don’t think any nearby devices count for this."

I was quite confident that the iPhone keyboard for Apple TV required same Apple ID account for iCloud. Other devices, like an Apple TV of e.g. your neighbors with a different account, shouldn’t be able to communicate this way. I can’t think of a good explanation of what happened in your situation.

Anyways, I turned off notifications so it doesn't happen again

For other readers: If you have no Apple TV box: Turn off the Apple TV keyboard on iOS or iPadOS - Apple Support

Thanks again for your response!

You’re welcome.

Nov 12, 2022 4:10 PM in response to just_some_guy_

Is the apple tv box considered a device and would be it shown under signed in devices for apple id?

Yes. Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in - Apple Support

I recently got an apple tv keyboard notification, however, I don't use or own apple tv nor is any on my wifi.

I recall something similar reported here some time ago. The keyboard prompt should be linked to the Apple ID for iCloud services on both devices. Enter text on Apple TV - Apple Support. I don’t think any nearby devices count for this. Do contact Apple Support if it happens again. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

Nov 12, 2022 5:51 PM in response to Urquhart1244

Yeah, I read a related thread titled "Don't own an Apple TV but Phone gave me a notification from Apple Keyboard ‘Choose a password to autofill’." I think you answered it as well. That's a funny coincidence!

I checked my devices and only my devices were logged in. Could you clarify what you mean by "I don’t think any nearby devices count for this." Do you mean this apple tv keyboard prompt could be from a farther location? It says bluetooth is required for this occur, but I'm not sure if the bluetooth connection will occur if we're too far away. Anyways, I turned off notifications so it doesn't happen again, and no suspicious devices are connected to my apple id. Thanks again for your response!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.