You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad requests password from old deleted iTunes account

How can I identify which apps or items on my iPad were purchased years ago on an Apple account that no longer exists? I foolishly created a second iTunes Store account back then and bought some apps. My new iPad is trying to download them and is asking for a password, which I no longer remember, and on iCloud the account has long been deleted. I would like to identify those purchases and simply delete them & buy again on my active account. To be clear: I cannot sign out and log back in on that old cancelled iTunes account, which Apple closed at my request. Every time I use my new iPad I have to deal with the annoying dialogue box asking for the old sign-in password.

iPad mini 6 Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 2:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 3:40 PM

Unfortunately the easiest way is to wait for updates for the apps, then update them one by one so you can see which ones request sign into the old ID.

Similar questions

1 reply

iPad requests password from old deleted iTunes account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.