You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't redeem the apple subscription offer received from Currys Perks.

I've received an email from the currys after placing an order from there that demonstrates a 3months free apple services subscription. It has 4 sections for Apple Music, TV+, Fitness+ and Arcade that must be redeemed separately.

However, the Apple TV+ and Fitness+ links doesn't work and nothing happens when I click on them. I've expected to open the Apple website and ask my apple ID to active them but its web page won't oppened and it seems that those links won't work correctly.

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 7:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2023 8:38 PM

Hi MahdiSayadi

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: "I can't redeem the apple subscription offer received from Currys Perks".

Apple support have an article online (link below) that may or may not help:

Seems you may need to ensure the computer or device you use has the newest compatible OS version.

also:

it may be best to contact the currys for help with redeeming the offer.

If you can't redeem your promotion for an Apple subscription - Apple Support

Re: "I've expected to open the Apple website and ask my apple ID to active them

but its web page won't oppened and it seems that those links won't work correctly."

The link below is for the Apple ID account log-in page:

https://appleid.apple.com

You may want to check that you are signed (to your computer or device) with your Apple ID:

Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Apple's "Subscriptions and Billing Support" have a website online (info. / support / contact)

Subscriptions and Billing - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 4, 2023 8:38 PM in response to MahdiSayadi

Hi MahdiSayadi

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: "I can't redeem the apple subscription offer received from Currys Perks".

Apple support have an article online (link below) that may or may not help:

Seems you may need to ensure the computer or device you use has the newest compatible OS version.

also:

it may be best to contact the currys for help with redeeming the offer.

If you can't redeem your promotion for an Apple subscription - Apple Support

Re: "I've expected to open the Apple website and ask my apple ID to active them

but its web page won't oppened and it seems that those links won't work correctly."

The link below is for the Apple ID account log-in page:

https://appleid.apple.com

You may want to check that you are signed (to your computer or device) with your Apple ID:

Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Apple's "Subscriptions and Billing Support" have a website online (info. / support / contact)

Subscriptions and Billing - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

Mar 29, 2024 10:15 AM in response to Bluescouse73

I was eventually told Currys were not on the Apple list of retailers as a third party, so the offer could not be processed.
  • Apple’s own offer requires that the qualifying new Apple product (iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple TV box) is purchased from Apple or from an Apple Authorized Reseller. Currys UK is listed as an Apple Authorized Reseller. Refurbished/​open box/​discontinued products from third party resellers may be excluded from the offer. One offer per user (lifetime).
  • Currys own offers, as listed previously, are separate from that and may or may not require purchasing a qualifying Apple device (other select electronic devices also qualify). Then start the subscription through that company’s redeem procedure instead (as send by email); not directly in the Apple TV app. One offer per user (lifetime).

Select to redeem through either one, if eligible for both, and follow the directions for the chosen company. Usually, offers cannot be stacked. For most offers, current subscribers are excluded. If you have previously enjoyed an extended free trial through either company, then you can’t redeem again through that same company.

For Apple’s own offer (not redeeming through Currys):

Read here how to redeem: Apple TV+ offer - Apple

Read here about the conditions: Apple TV+ offer - Terms and conditions - Apple

Read here if you have trouble redeeming: If you can't redeem your promotion for an Apple subscription - Apple Support

↳ Step 5 says to contact Apple if the prior steps didn’t bring a solution. They can assist.

➤ Note that for Macs, users have to additionally sign in to the TV app (menu Account), for the redeem option to appear.

What purchase did you make to hopefully qualify for the offer? Was it less than 90 days ago?

If Apple Support can’t tell you why it doesn’t work for you, and if Currys customer service can’t tell you why it doesn’t work for you, then others may not be able to either. They would probably know more about the offers, including exceptional circumstances, than anyone here.

If you think that the payment method is the issue, then solve that first. Edit your Apple ID account properties on the web - Apple

You may also opt to add money to your Apple ID as balance (like store credit) as valid payment method. Get the amount of at least one month fees for Apple TV+ (£ 8.99). E.g. from Apple Gift Card or bank transfer. Note that you have to spend such balance at Apple; there is no return to cash or bank balance.

How to redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes Gift Card – Apple Support (UK)

Add money to your Apple Account balance – Apple Support (UK)

Check your Apple Account balance – Apple Support (UK)

Mar 29, 2024 7:41 AM in response to Bluescouse73

Offers for Apple TV+ from partnering companies will have to be redeemed exactly as that partnering company describes, as they validate the redeeming, and they will have their own terms and conditions.

Apple TV+, Apple Music, and Apple Arcade subscription offers through Currys - Currys Deals [T&C]

Get three months of Apple TV+ for free when you join Currys Perks - Currys Perks [T&C]

You will need an Apple ID account, with all the user info as requested, including a verified email (respond to test message), and a valid payment method.

How you can create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

Edit your Apple ID account properties on the web - Apple

Apple ID payment methods for subscriptions need to support automatic and periodical charges. That means pre-authorized, so that purchases on your Apple ID can be charged to your payment method without prompting the user for banking confirmation each time. Some cards or bank accounts may not be suitable for this.

Apple ID support - Official Apple Support

Subscriptions and billing - Official Apple Support

Add a payment method - Apple Support

If you need to change or update your Apple ID payment method - Apple Support

Mar 29, 2024 8:28 AM in response to Urquhart1244

I've done everything correct within the terms and conditions. I spent hours yesterday speaking to an Apple customer service person. After not being able to process the offer within the Currys link, despite payment being approved from my bank, I was eventually told Currys were not on the Apple list of retailers as a third party, so the offer could not be processed.

I can't redeem the apple subscription offer received from Currys Perks.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.