You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keeping iCloud and iTunes Match content, when changing region.

Hi, I recently (today) moved to Australia to study and possibly live for a considerable amount of time.

My Apple id's country is set to the U.S. and I thought it'd be a good idea to switch to the Australian store.

When I went about doing so, I learned that I have to cancel all my subscriptions and have to WAIT until the end of my subscription period, which sounds nonsense. I subscribe to iTunes Match and it's a yearly service. I make music and a lot of non-Apple-available songs are on Apple's server, thanks to iTunes Match.

Here's my concern. I think there's a good chance that Apple will remove all my data once my subscription period ends (which will be in September. Will I actually physically have to wait until then?) and I will lose all my data on their server. And the same thing might happen for my iCloud contents.

Am I right to worry about this? If Apple in fact does remove the data once my subscription expires, and just to change the region, I'll have to lose all my data, I think I'm done with using any of their subscription based services. Which is a shame because I do prefer Apple's services to others.

Cheers for the help in advance!

iPhone 11

Posted on Dec 31, 2019 1:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 5:05 PM

Hello gloudin and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you have a question about content that is part of Apple Music or iTunes Match and changing your iTunes Store region.

Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

Due to licensing differences in different regions, when the region is changed, all content downloaded to the device for offline play will be deleted when the region is changed. Apple Music content that is available in the new region should still be available in playlists and for re-download as long as there is not a gap between the cancellation, region change and re-subscription.

The same is not true for iTunes Match content. You'll want to make sure to download that content to physical media before cancelling. Once you renew the subscription in the new region, the matching process will start over.

If you change your region again, you'll need to take all of the same steps.

Cheers.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 3, 2020 5:05 PM in response to gluodin

Hello gloudin and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you have a question about content that is part of Apple Music or iTunes Match and changing your iTunes Store region.

Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

Due to licensing differences in different regions, when the region is changed, all content downloaded to the device for offline play will be deleted when the region is changed. Apple Music content that is available in the new region should still be available in playlists and for re-download as long as there is not a gap between the cancellation, region change and re-subscription.

The same is not true for iTunes Match content. You'll want to make sure to download that content to physical media before cancelling. Once you renew the subscription in the new region, the matching process will start over.

If you change your region again, you'll need to take all of the same steps.

Cheers.

Keeping iCloud and iTunes Match content, when changing region.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.